the view at 65 is worth it

Friday, December 31, 2010

“The last entry of 2010”


I finished the year by completing a creative writing project I began in 2004. It took seven years to write. “Cerulean Odyssey: the long distance voyager,” is a 7 volume epic poem comprising 110,934 words and 20,729 lines in 715 tableaux ( individual poems ). This is the longest epic ever written in Canadian literature. Parts have been “published” (I should say “printed”) using POD (Print On Demand). It was not an assignment of any kind, but something I wanted to complete before I began my second year of graduate studies. Writing poetry has been a part of my artistic journey since the beginning, but only now do I feel ready to take the next step, and that is to partner with a bona fide publisher ( not POD ) to publish the epic. Hopefully in 2011.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

accutane lawsuit