the view at 65 is worth it

Sunday, January 9, 2011

“Talking in a winter wonder land”


This week I start two new courses. “Organizational Communications,” and “Applied Research in Communications.” Even though we had a beautiful dusting of snow on our island ( the first snow of the winter ), I need not be concerned about “walking in a winter wonder land” to get to the university. I can “talk” my way through the technology of online discussions via eClass. It’s quite remarkable that at my age this new technology is not in the least intimidating. In fact, my greater challenge is to know when I’ve said enough online, because no one interrupts me while I compose my online discussion postings, except for live chat sessions when common courtesy demands we all take proper turns. Talking is in fact the most natural thing to do and it is the essential ingredient of effective communications. Talking is natural. Listening is an acquired skill. Informed leadership does both. Ps. That's our island family home and my studio is on right side of the house, at the top of the driveway.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

accutane lawsuit