the view at 65 is worth it

Saturday, September 10, 2011

"Off and Running"



The view is from the top of Mt.Arrowsmith on Vancouver Island. You get there through a maze of logging roads. I have a detailed map book of Vancouver Island that shows every logging road. It’s a real asset if you plan to make adventurous journeys into the interior. I’m “off and running” with my core Fall university course on Knowledge Management. It’s heavy on the theory side, so it helps to map my way through from a top-of-the-mountain perspective. I call it “building a theoretical construct,” and it’s an appropriate metaphor for life as well, beyond the theoretical and into the practical. So, back to the readings and find my often elusive logging roads. Once a friend and I got lost (a dead-end logging road) and another time we got stuck sideways in a huge snow pile. Thankfully, a logging crew came along and pulled us out. Ah, the perils of eClass distance studies – and the adventure – at 65, now 66.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

accutane lawsuit