the view at 65 is worth it

Monday, August 22, 2011

"Back to School"













Well, it's back to school and for me it's the home stretch. One more course this Fall called Information Management and then it's my research project or Master's thesis. In many ways, going back to school has been like my artistic journey towards abstraction. It was new territory for me to step outside representational drawing into conceptual abstract painting and experimental minimalist work in metal point. Not that I abandoned drawing. Instead, I expanded the boundaries of my creative journey to include pure abstraction. And that's what graduate study has done for me. Stretched the boundaries of my mind to include writing and research. Even though I didn't take the summer off from research, I did manage some new art works. For the curious: the images are new metal point abstracts, 38 x 48, 24 x 32, and 48 x 24, respectively ( quite large for metal point work ) in hand-rubbed brass, copper, and silver. Enjoy. And to me fellow Cohort, "see you in eClass!"

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

accutane lawsuit