the view at 65 is worth it

Friday, March 5, 2010

Countdown 58 days to Spring Institute

It’s just 58 days before I drive to Edmonton to attend the Spring Institute at the University of Alberta, and mark the formal beginning of my graduate studies. Actually the trip will probably begin a couple of days earlier to afford myself some special time with my grandchildren in Kelowna, plus savor the never-ending majesty of coastal BC and the interior mountains. I’ve driven through the Fraser Canyon, Marble Canyon, Kicking Horse Pass, Rogers Pass, the Columbia Icefields Highway, to far-reaching valleys in between and beyond, many times over the years. Each time the trip was a profound inspiration to never “retire” from the awesome journey called life. I hope I can sit still long enough in Edmonton to take in all the lectures and stop listening to that inside restless voice that whispers, “there’s a place you haven’t seen yet. It’s being prepared and waiting for you.”

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

accutane lawsuit