the view at 65 is worth it

Wednesday, February 10, 2010

How I got here

So how did I get to that place of choosing to go back to school at the young age of 65? Needless to say, the prospect of turning 65 on April 15, 2010, contributed a great deal to my decision to go back to school. On September 15, 2009, I sent my application for admissions to the University of Alberta, Canada, to undertake graduate studies in Communications and Technology. My goal? A Masters of Arts degree and hopefully, perhaps somewhat optimistically a doctorate degree. And yes, despite my usual criticism of an over-digitized, saturated information age, that same digitized technology has made my studies possible because of UofA’s most welcome distance learning and live online streaming program.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

accutane lawsuit