the view at 65 is worth it

Monday, April 29, 2013

Return to Drawing



After 4 years of research and writing, and having completed my Master of Arts in Communication and Technology and well into my Doctoral Program, I just had to take a break from my self-imposed studio sabbatical and return to drawing. Just to experience again the beauty of drawing. I am also writing about "the spiritual in art." The spiritual in art is the act of drawing itself based on intuitive and cognitive experiences, that is, inspiration grounded in a lifetime of learning contemporary and ancient traditions, and endless hours of drawing. So, I mounted a large piece of Japanese paper on Stonehenge paper and began a classical figure drawing of a model I had drawn many times before. The result was very satisfying and gave me the assurance that the assumption "use it or lose it," is not a foregone conclusion.

"Kriya," by Gerrit Verstraete, 2013. Cat.No, 1223. (22 ¼ X 30 in. / 56.7 X 76.4 cm, unframed) Wollf's Carbon Pencil.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

accutane lawsuit