the view at 65 is worth it

Friday, July 30, 2010

Warning: cyber eyes!

I’ve spent the last month working at home on a summer elective course called “Digital Tribes.” Really good stuff. Probably spent more computer time studying on eClass than anything else. I did manage to begin a large silverpoint drawing in the studio, but it’s only 50% finished after one month. When I do a detailed drawing, I really have to watch out for eye strain. Sometimes I draw for so long, when I’m finished the whole world looks like tiny pencil strokes. However, that does not compare to the effect of spending hours staring into a LCD computer screen. I call it “cyber eyes,” and it’s a real problem. I have low prescription glasses for driving, and I use quality reading glasses. But, even with those, after hours on the computer, I feel fatigued and my eyes can actually get bloodshot. Funny thing. Not so when reading a book. And I don’t think it’s just because I’m 65. It’s a warning to all computer users. Take good care of your eyes. And “cyber eyes” don’t make good “bedroom eyes.”

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

accutane lawsuit